• A regional office supply company agreed to pay nearly $564,000 to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to resolve allegations that the company mishandled credits owed to some business customers including government customers.
• The Greater Lawrence Community Action Council (GLCAC), a Lawrence, Massachusetts-based, non-profit agency funded largely by federal government grants, agreed to enter into a settlement agreement including the payment of damages to resolve allegations that several of its employees, including its former executive director, were paid for work on federal grants that was never done.
• Mr. Autieri represented whistleblower Peter Scannell in his Appeal before the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Appeals Court concerning his claim for a whistleblower award relating to the recovery of Fifty (50) Million Dollars in fines paid by Putnam Investments Company to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts obtained as a result of Mr. Scannell’s actions in uncovering significant market timing practices by his employer, Putnam Investments. Scannell v. Attorney General, 70 Mass. 46 (2007). While Mr. Scannell was not successful in his Appeal, this case is one of the few reported cases in Massachusetts detailing the procedure a whistleblower must follow to be eligible for a whistleblower award.
• A $615,000.00 settlement was obtained relating to allegations of billing fraud by a government contractor.
• $18.5 Million Dollar Settlement for burn victims in a fire and explosion case.
• $2.2 Million Dollar Settlement for individuals exposed to mold and other toxins in the workplace.
• $1.6 Million Dollar Settlement in a wrongful death defective roadway case.
• $1.0 Million Dollar Jury Award in a chemical/toxic tort case.
• $800,000 Settlement for a young woman injured in an automobile collision.
• $700,000 Settlement in a product defect case in which defective machinery caused injury to an employee in
• $110,000.00 settlement for a woman
injured in an automobile collision.
• $61,000.00 settlement for a woman
injured in a bicycle/automobile collision.
Material presented on Law Offices of Robert C. Autieri's website is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended as professional advice and should not be construed as such.